Not long ago we wrote about the sensational purchase of QR Marc (by Marwan Al Shaqab) to Belgium and to be stand at Jadem Arabians by Christine Jamar-Demeersseman. The echoes of that fact didn’t fade away yet when another stallion tracking from the line of champions is going to join Jadem Arabians 2008 breeding offer – Borsalino K!
Borsalino K (Encore Ali – Keepsake V by Huckleberry Bey), born 10 March 1997 at Haras Aratinga by Murillo Kammer in Brasil (purchased to Aretusa Arabians, Italy later on), represents Saklavi I line, being the grandson of one of the most prominent sires ever, sire of over 400 foals: Ali Jamaal. Ali Jamaal, bred by the Bergen family in USA and exported to Haras Meia Lua of Lenita Peroy (Brazil), came back to the US in 1986. He was the first stallion in the history to be named both junior (1989) and senior US Champion (1990, in 1989 he was “only” Reserve), he became also the champion of Scottsdale and Canadian Nationals (1989). Ali Jamaal’s sire was, tracking from the line of legendary Nazeer and Morafic, Straight Egyptian Ruminaja Ali – US National Junior Champion and Senior Reserve, sired also by a champion – Shaikh Al Badi – US National Reserve Champion Colt.
There are many stars amongst Ali Jamaal’s get and many famous sires of champions. Just to call the most important: US National Champion Stallions Dakar El Jamaal and BST Dajamaal, US, Canadian, Brasilian and Saudi National Chmapion Mare – Europa El Jamaal, US National Reserve Champion – Parys El Jamaal (grandson of Pure Polish Gdansk [Bask x Gdynia]), US and Canadian National Reserve Champion and Champion of Scottsdale – Pershahn El Jamaal, US National Reserve Champion and National Champion AOTH – Tulle El Jamaal, Champion of Austria – Bey El Jamaal, 2004 Region 2 Unanimous Champion Breeding Stallion and 2005 Scottsdale Arabian Western Pleasure Maider Horse – Jullyen El Jamaal, Brasilian National Champion Stallions – Arkane El Jamaal and Ninjah El Jamaal, and mares – Eloise El Jamaal, Miss El Jamaal and NV Ali Bey, and at last but not least – Canadian National Champion Encore Ali – Borsalino K’ sire, with Polish roots on his dam’s side by Tersk-bred Muscat, grandson of Janów Podlaski-bred Mammona (by Ofir), Triplecrowned 1980 US & Canadian National and Scottstale Champion Stallion.
The first decisions of purchasing Arabian horses by Brasilian Murillo Kammer were made over a decade ago with the help of world known US trainer Michael Byatt. It ended with the purchase of the first horses including Borsalino’s dam – Keepsake V by Huckleberry Bey, the sire of champions both in halter and performance. Huckleberry Bey himself was named US National Reserve Champion Colt (1997), U.S. National Top Ten Stallion (1981), US National Reserve Champion English Pleasure (1984) and Legion of Merit. He also carries the Polish blood in his veins being the grandson of Naganka (by Bad Afas) born in Nowy Dwór, Poland.
It was also Michael Byatt’s advice to lease Encore Ali, to be mated with Keepsake V (US National Reserve Futurity Champion Filly) and so Borsalino K was born.
Since August 2005 Borsalino K is standing at Italian famous training center Ca di Gianni – by Gian Paolo Gubiotti and Paolo Capecci.
This sire of valuable pedigree has it’s very well get in many countries so far. The most successful are:
– Brasilian Junior Champion mare and Scottsdale 4 years old champion mare Rayyana K (Borsalino K – MFA Exoticaa), o. Laetitia d´Arenberg, Estancia Las Rosas (Uruguay),
– standing at Ca di Gianni, Brasilian-bred and owned by Italian family Scipioni Cicilla (Borsalino K – HP Anik), Italian Reserve Champion and champion of shows at Bettona and Festa del Purosanguo Arabo di Umbria,
– Voghera C-show Reserve Champion – bred in Brazil Sahara Azira (Borsalino K – Azira El Shavlan), owned by family Franchini (Italy),
– placed third at the International B show Arabian Masters Bordeaux and C-show in Pau – Malanje (Borsalino K – Magic Star), bred and owned in France,
– placed top five in the classes of B shows in Miono Spirea B (Borsalino K – CM Faylla Shaklan), bred by Marieta Salas (Ses Planes), owned by Lopez Apperibay, Spain,
– bred by Murillo Kammer, and owned by Prince Khalid Bin Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia Helena (Borsalino K – Nefertite K), doing well at Middle Eastern shows being placed second at Saudi Nationals, 4th at prestigious international show in Dubai and 5th in Sharjah.
Borsalino K was also successful as a sire in the Netherlands. One of the youngest Borsalino’s get of 2007 is shown on the picture – filly TSA Brasilia Chariklia (Borsalino K – Amal-Chariklia) bred and owned by The Shah Arabians.
And at Haras El Madan in Brasil there is still a the full sister to Borsalino K Cecilia K, 2006 Brasilian National Champion Mare.
The information was confirmed but the date of Borsalino’s arrival at Jadem Arabians is not known yet.
And the mostly welcomed in Europe QR Marc arrival to Jadem will be delayed – announced for 1st November the stallion will finally reach Europe around 20th. The price of the semen is already known but not yet official as soon as it would be announced on the new Jadem Arabians website (start to be planned for the end of this week). As far as we know the first semen of Marc will be collected for the US breeders who bought the breedings before Marc was officially sold to Europe. Also some plans for breeding to QR Marc were made by at least one Polish private stud.